Comprehensive Guide to Ocean Freight (Full-Day)
Enroll in our Comprehensive Guide to Ocean Freight course to gain a comprehensive understanding of the ocean freight process. The course covers key topics such as documentation, packaging, containerization, pricing and contracts, carrier selection, customs clearance procedures, and the roles of service providers such as customs brokers and freight forwarders. With this knowledge, you will be empowered to mitigate risks and navigate through the process efficiently.
Save Big with Bulk Purchases!
Do you have a team of more than 5 or 10 employees who require training? Our flexible training options allow you to mix and match Full-Day and Half-Day Courses to suit your team’s needs. Contact us today to discuss a custom package that fits your requirements perfectly.
Students, Enjoy Additional Savings!
Visit the Student Discounts page to submit verification of your active college enrollment and unlock big discounts; once you’re verified, you can enjoy exclusive savings on all of our courses.
Curriculum for this course:
- Brief History of Containerization/Ocean Freight
- Roles and Responsibilities of OTI’s including
- Understanding of transportation planning and scheduling.
- Importance of effective communication and coordination with other stakeholders – Tracking, tracing.
- Financial reconciliation (file level)
- Governing bodies, i.e., FMC. DOT, MARAD, etc.
- NVOCC vs. OTI vs. Ocean Freight Forwarder and what is the difference – Modes of Transportation, Ocean, Truck, Rail including In Transit Bonds i.e., IT’s, etc. – Ocean Carrier Alliances
- Functions of Port Authorities including infrastructures.
- International Trade Laws and Regulations including
- WTO, C-TAP, AES, ITAR, Export Controls and Embargoes
- USPPI, FPPI
- Ocean Bill of Lading including
- Regulatory overview
- Directs, Back-to-Back & Consolidations
- Weight / Volume Calculations, Net Achievables
- Financial reconciliation
- Contract of Carriage
- Overview of Logistics Process
- Risk Management (Marine Insurance and Carrier Liability)
- Interactive Quiz