Comprehensive Guide to International Freight Forwarding (Full-Day)
The Comprehensive Guide to International Freight Forwarding is a flagship course that provides participants with practical knowledge on key topics in the global freight forwarding industry. This webinar helps optimize supply chain, manage risks, ensure compliance with international regulations, and provides valuable insights into the roles and responsibilities of industry players. Topics covered include freight documentation, carrier selection, freight rates, and Incoterms.
Save Big with Bulk Purchases!
Do you have a team of more than 5 or 10 employees who require training? Our flexible training options allow you to mix and match Full-Day and Half-Day Courses to suit your team’s needs. Contact us today to discuss a custom package that fits your requirements perfectly.
Students, Enjoy Additional Savings!
Visit the Student Discounts page to submit verification of your active college enrollment and unlock big discounts; once you’re verified, you can enjoy exclusive savings on all of our courses.
Curriculum for this course:
- The role of the International Freight Forwarder, Relationship towards the Carriers and Customers
- The various shipment types i.e., Consolidations, Back‐to‐Backs, direct Consignments and how to execute them properly
- Basic Carrier Documentation (Master and House Bills of Lading), how to understand and complete properly
- Rate construction, weight vs. volume ‐ (Different rules and methods for different modes)
- Incoterms, Carrier Terms, Payment Terms (What they are and the difference between them)
- General Liabilities, All Risk & Marine Insurance, Consequential Damages
- Gateway structures and why
- Surface Transportation, the various models i.e., Drayage, Motor Carrier, Line Hauls, Rail, Intermodal, etc.
- Basic Carrier Equipment (Aircraft, Vessel and Sea/Air Containers)